Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Cake

I haven't posted any photos from Larapalooza....(a.k.a. her 1st Bday). I know...I'm a borderline terrible mother.
So here you go. I am starting with the cake...mostly because it is a sentimental cake (if for no one else, for me). You see, when I turned one many many years ago, there was this cake....a 3D panda bear cake. It was a little bit of a family tradition (made by my auntie Lynette). Well I decided Lara (and the future Wolliams babies) should have this very same cake for her first birthday. Only one problem....I had really never seriously emersed myself in a legitimate cake making project. Oh well....when has that ever stopped me? So I hit up Hobby Lobby and what do you know...good ol Wilton still makes the exact same cake pan as the one used in 1987 at Karipalooza. I snatched it up and this little guy was born. Lara destroyed him...but it was absolutely worth the time and energy. I love sentimental traditions and while I know she doesn't appreciate them now, if she is anything like me, I know she will in the future.


And here is our baby girl..... not to sure about her cake being on fire...and the lovely mess she made killing my artistic creation.
She still had black frosting in her ears the next day at her 1year doctor's appointment....despite tremendous scrubbing. Sign of the perfect 1st birthday party....

No comments:

Post a Comment