Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dear 2011

Well 2011...here we are....the last of your 365 days. I will say you are going to go down as by far the FASTEST year in history. Congrats on that. As I write this letter to you, I am watching Liam jump away in the Johnny Jumper that he is technically 5 lbs too heavy for....because he is a moose.
He is definitely one of the highlights of my year. Though his arrival was a liiiiiittle more stessful than we anticipated, we survived it as a family and are super blessed to have one of the cutest, most charming little boys on the planet.
 Thank you for my marriage. It was during this year that I came to paramount realization about marriage in general. No marriage is perfect and every day isn't going to be like sliding down a rainbow....but marriage is a committment that you better make dang sure you make to someone that you like enough to want to work at EVERY DAY...forever and ever. I am beyond thankful God brought Steven into my life and that I had the smarts to recognize that he was that man for me.
  Thanks for making me one year older. Thank you for making my daughter one year older...wiser...sassier...more beautiful. Each year is a gift, even if its been a stressful one. You have been one more year I was priviledge enough to spend with my family, who I love the hell out of.
  And with that 2011...I bid you adue. It's been real...its been fun...and at times it hasn't been real fun... But thanks for all you did.

  -Your friend, Kari

And to 2012...Bring it....I can't wait for you to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment